Old August 6th 03, 09:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default GNER/HEAT

In article , Jack Taylor
writes
Well apparently part of the problem is not enough gravel/stones. I can't
remember the exact details. Something to do with it helps with the
expansion of the metal. Anyway the reason there isn't enough stones
round the rail? Cost-cutting.

With respect, it's ********.

I believe you'll find that one issue is that if there isn't enough
ballast on the track and surrounding the sleepers, they can move
sideways under the forces of the rails trying to bend.

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: