Old December 14th 04, 07:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default London's busiest level crossing?

In message , Barry Salter
writes

On 13 Dec 2004 14:13:54 -0800, wrote:

Because I'm that sort of person, this question has
been bugging me for a while.

Where is London's busiest level crossing in terms
of off-peak weekday trains per hour? Where ever
in London it is, is it the busiest level crossing in
the UK? In Europe? Anywhere?

A post on the UK Roads forum suggests Manor Road, Richmond, (adjacent to
North Sheen station) as a possibility.

If that is so (and I think it likely) then the level crossings at Sheen
Lane (adjacent to Mortlake station), White Hart Lane and Vine Road are
equal contenders since all four are on the same stretch of line.

Having four level crossings in close succession on a line that busy is
probably some kind of record.

--
Paul Terry