Old December 14th 04, 12:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Underwood Martin Underwood is offline

Default London's closest pair of level crossings?

"Henry" wrote in message
"Martin Underwood" wrote

Can I ask a supplementary question? Whereabouts in London (or even in the
whole of Britain) is the closest pair of level crossings in terms of the
length of road (not railway) between them? I'm talking about separate
crossings with separate sets of barriers. I can think of a pair which are
very close, but I want to see if you suggest the same ones.

To kick this one off Martin. There are two in Crawley about 500 metres
apart.

I can't imagine that they are the closest though - any better out there?

The pair I'm thinking of are much closer than this. I'd estimate about 50
metres.

I'll also add a second category: closest pair of level crossings in terms of
the length of railway between them.