Old December 15th 04, 08:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Leverton Nick Leverton is offline

Default London's closest pair of level crossings?

In article ,
John Rowland wrote:

In Nottingham a road crosses an adjacent railway and tramline. I think that
both lines are single track, being a former double track railway, but I
might be wrong there. There are barriers around the railway but the tramway
is ungated - this is because the tramline is too frequent to have a gated
crossing. I don't think there is room for even one car between the tramline
and the railway. (This is all hearsay, I have neve been there or seen
written confirmation).

The first picture I can lay my hands on is at
http://www.nettrams.net/PictureGalle...s/WSBUP09F.htm
which suggests the yellow box and zig zags extend across the tramline
outside the barriers, as well as the NR line inside. So cars must not
stop there - especially since there is as you say no room !

Nick
--
http://www.leverton.org/ ... So express yourself