Old December 16th 04, 12:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default More tube strike

Brimstone wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 16 Dec 2004:

The only reason that we have unions at all is because of crap managers. If
the people running a business treated the workforce as well as they wish to
be treated themselves there wouldn't be a need for unions.

My father, who was a "boss", employed people who belonged to the
appropriate union (agricultural workers), and while he was totally in
favour of the union making sure all their members, including his
employees, got a fair deal - agricultural workers have always been
poorly paid - he said that the one thing he disliked was that he
couldn't reward someone who worked really well over and above standard
union rates without paying everybody the same, even those who didn't
deserve it - so the good workers didn't get as much money as he would
have liked them to!
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/