Old December 16th 04, 02:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Coleman Clive Coleman is offline

Default Heathrow Piccadilly Line Closure

In message , Steve Fitzgerald
] writes

It's all done through the coupler face. There are no cables to be
connected/disconnected on this stock. A series of contacts are covered
up and as the trains come together this magically opens. The air is
connected in a similar fashion. It would require the whole coupling to
redesigned (which would no doubt require a revised safety case),
tested, fitted and then training given to all involved. I can't see it
being worth it for a 20 month closure.
--

We were taught to use a square with a clip to attach it to the coupler
called a presspahn (If I recall correctly) which covers the "Dutch oven"