Old December 16th 04, 02:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Next Stop information

In message , Solar Penguin
writes

And not just "The next stop is..." but full announcements describing
everything along the route, the history of the area, the local sights,
etc.

I feel an opening for myself here! :-))

Perhaps randomized a bit, so you don't get exactly the same
announcements every trip but different variations each time. It might
even make travelling by bus almost a pleasant experience. Or at least a
slightly less unpleasant one...

Seriously, a few years ago a group of us were "engaged" for the day on
21 February (The International Day of the Tourist Guide, I kid you not!)
to do commentaries on the central section of the 11. It was actually
quite well received. Jeffrey Archer, then bidding to become Mayor, was
around for some photo opportunities; tragically I missed being
photographed with him! ;-)
--
Ian Jelf, MITG

Birmingham, UK