Old December 16th 04, 10:36 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Splee Splee is offline

Default Sightseeing in Greenford

John Rowland wrote:
"TheOneKEA" wrote in message
oups.com...

I went to Greenford yesterday to try to get photos of
the station and the signal box, but got turned around
and was unable to find any public right of way that
got me close enough to the tracks.

I know Greenford fairly well, but I don't understand your question. Since
the railway is on a high viaduct here - I think Greenford is probably the
highest LU station above ground level - what were you hoping to see from
ground level but the underside of viaducts? Limiting yourself to public
rights of way seems curious as well, since the worst that will happen is you
can get told off (unless it's military).

He's referring to the old, long-disused platforms on the old GWR
mainline that runs parallel to, and at lower level, to the Central line.
The platforms are still there and so are a few buildings.

Not sure how best to see them, though...I don't think there's much in
the way of access. Probably the best thing to see there is the nice
gantry of lower-quadrant semaphores, easy to view from the LUL station.

--
****
Lee Osborne