Old August 7th 03, 08:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Rich Martin Rich is offline

Default New Met Line Trains

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 23:31:17 +0100, Matthew P Jones
wrote:

New trains are planned and yes I heard to they would have a form of air
conditioning. There are plans to standardise the stock on the Met,
Circle and District. I believe we won't actually see any new trains for
several years, so we have to put up with squeaking and more for quite
some time yet.

There's a reference on the tube website to these trains having 'air
cooling', not air conditioning. Presumably air cooling reduces the
temperature inside the trains but not necessarily the humidity

Martin