Old December 19th 04, 10:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Oyster pre Pay Via Marylebone

Matt Wheeler ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

If you find you are going to wait "too long" at Marylebone on the
return leg, just go the platform side of the barriers, and wait for
the train to be called. I don't like this practise that so many people
seem to employ, as it blocks up the area between the gates and the
actual platforms for people wanting to get to or off trains, but
no-one seems to do anything to stop it...

Chiltern Railways have now...

They've sellotaped little cardboard shields next to the platform indicators
to stop you seeing them.

I don't see how it blocked the barrier, as the only place you could see
them was tucked into that dead-end corner by WHS, anyway - and it's got to
be better than the usual "Oh, look - 1 minute to go, and they've just
announced the platform" scrum at the barriers.

I'm *convinced* that the staff of Chiltern are bored because the service
tends to work, so sit at the windows up above the archway/florist/loos
watching and having a laugh at the customers belting for the train that's
half the length it should be, is parked half way to Harrow...

I wouldn't be surprised to find they're betting on who gets there first,
too. Going through early just spoils their fun.