Old December 19th 04, 08:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Heathrow Piccadilly Line Closure

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
TheOneKEA wrote:
Steve Fitzgerald wrote:

The plan is to turn all trains on the last day the loop will be
available to us. Anything left over, I'm told arrangements
will be made for a Picc driver (Acton, I gather so no unusual
moves for me :-() to do a special stock move Northfields -
Hammersmith - Mansion House (not sure why they need
to go this far?) - Reverse to High Street Ken, reverse back
to Hammersmith to use that triangle. He will have a District
'conductor' with him who knows that route.

Mansion House, as the first point with a reversing siding,
is probably easier operationally than reversing at the other
points with a crossover (South Kensington and Embankment).

Easier operationally? Aren't we talking about a very small number of trains
in the middle of a single night?

Anyway, I'm still surprised that T4 station is closing to passengers a whole
day before the engineering possession starts. Some of the wheelchair
passengers who decide to get the tube to T123 and then the HEx to T4 will
end up being taken non-stop through the T4 station. They'll be rather
annoyed, especially if they miss their planes because they didn't know in
advance that the possession was taking place. And they'll be even more
annoyed if they ever find out that LU shut T4 station a day early just so
they can get their trains all pointing the "right way around", when every
Picc depot seems to have coped fine with trains in random directions every
night since 1987.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped