Old December 19th 04, 08:06 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
David H Wild David H Wild is offline

Default Trains carried on ships

In article , Mrs Redboots
wrote:
It actually left Victoria at 10.00 pm (9.00 pm during GMT). The up
train was booked to leave Dover at 7.20 am and run via Chatham and
Catford. More often than not it ran in its late path, 8.10 am from
Dover via Tonbridge and Kent House, arriving Victoria 9.38 am.
Commuters whose train was routed into platform 1 at Victoria used to
curse it, as they had to leave by the side gate into Hudson Place,
making for a long walk round to the Underground.

I thought that back then platform 1 was reserved for Channel trains, as
there were customs facilities?

The Night Ferry was the only train using the customs facilities - certainly
when I worked at Victoria in 1963.

--
|__||__)/ __/ \|\ ||_ | / Acorn StrongArm Risc_PC