Old December 19th 04, 10:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mait001 Mait001 is offline

Default Heathrow Piccadilly Line Closure

Anyway, I'm still surprised that T4 station is closing to passengers a whole
day before the engineering possession starts. Some of the wheelchair
passengers who decide to get the tube to T123 and then the HEx to T4 will
end up being taken non-stop through the T4 station. They'll be rather
annoyed, especially if they miss their planes because they didn't know in
advance that the possession was taking place. And they'll be even more
annoyed if they ever find out that LU shut T4 station a day early just so
they can get their trains all pointing the "right way around", when every
Picc depot seems to have coped fine with trains in random directions every
night since 1987.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Isn't this just another exemplification of what lay behind my original posting
in this thread: the utter contempt in which passengers are held? Wouldn't it be
so much nicer for the Underground and the twits that seem to run it, to have
rid of passengers altogether?

Marc.