Old December 20th 04, 03:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mark Brader Mark Brader is offline

Default Info for tube's fares

"Michele" writes:
Hi!
I'm an italian student.
I'm going to London next Feb.
I want to know, how does it cost the tube?

There is a zone system. Inside zone 1 (the central area), you pay
2 pounds for one ride or 17 pounds for 10 rides (a "carnet"). Longer
trips cost more and carnets are not available. Changes of train
within the tube system are included free of charge.

On buses you pay only 1.20 pounds (next year's fare) for one ride
or 6.00 pounds ("bus saver") for 6 rides. This is for any distance,
but changes of bus are *NOT* included -- if you need to take a second
or third bus then you pay for each ride.

Does exists a tickets for 5 days, that I can use it on the tube, and
on the bus!

That's a "Travelcard", but you can't get 5 days. You can get 1 day
(with restrictions), 3 days, or 7 days. Again, the price depends on
the fare zones.

Full details of next year's fares (in PDF) at:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tick...fares-2005.pdf
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "This man must be very ignorant, for he answers