Old December 20th 04, 09:25 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default Trains carried on ships -goods too!

Terry Harper wrote to uk.transport.london on Sun, 19 Dec 2004:

"Mrs Redboots" wrote in message

It may have been disappointing, but it certainly still exists! And I'm
not sure how disappointing passenger traffic is, since they run the
shuttle service every 20 minutes or thereabouts, and 4 passenger tph
through the tunnel - which surely they wouldn't do by now if passenger
levels didn't warrant it?

I see that Eurotunnel are reducing the number of lorry shuttles
considerably, as the increased charges are driving many operators back to
the ferries.

Still a huge queue of lorries last time we went over a few weeks ago!
But then, if they've cut back on lorry-trains, perhaps that's
inevitable.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/