Old December 20th 04, 10:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mait001 Mait001 is offline

Default Heathrow Piccadilly Line Closure

But, is it not the case that at SOME STAGE all public transport will
have to be disability compliant, whatever the cost and practicality?

Not whatever the cost and practicality, surely? I know vehicles are
expected to conform once it becomes reasonable for non-compliant ones to
have been replaced, but stations etc?

Hey, you're the lawyer. I only got a law degree over 30 years ago. :-)

Colin, I am writing as a transport enthusiast and layman (not as a criminal
barrister!) but I thought that the legislation applied to all buildings to
which the public have access; if that is so it must include railway and
Underground stations etc.

My law Degree is almost 20 years old now! I got it at a time when jury trial
was sacrosanct, innocence till found guilty, no dentention without trial,
Cabinet government, no restrospective legislation .... How old-fashioned all
of this now seems!

Marc.