Old August 7th 03, 02:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default New Met Line Trains

In article , Roger the cabin boy
writes
Air con? What a joke! Have you heard the noise that those fans make on the
Northern/Jubilee lines when all they seem to produce is "warm air".

Its almost deafening.

I travelled on one of the new(ish) Bendibuses yesterday. I don't know
if they're meant to have air conditioning or merely forced air
ventilation but I suspect the latter as there was no cool air coming
from the ceiling vents, only warm air!

That said, the London Eye *is* air conditioned and that had to be taken
out of service (just as we arrived!) as the air conditioning couldn't
cope (at leas6t that was one version we had from the staff there. The
font line people were getting some grief from disappointed customers,
I'm afraid).

On a more positive note, I was with someone who was wheelchair bound and
the journey from Marylebone to Parliament Square was very
straightforward with the use of the ramps on the bus. In fact, we
reckon that they were having their first bus ride in nearly 30 years!
(Though on the return journey the ramps weren't lowered at either the
start of finish of the journey as a result of pressing the disabled
button; I had to go to the front of the bus to ask the driver to do it
on each occasion, so I suspect that it's a facility not used that often.
But eventually and in this case it "worked for us" and was much
appreciated!
--
Ian Jelf, MITG, Birmingham, UK
Registered "Blue Badge" Tourist Guide for