Old December 20th 04, 02:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Heathrow Piccadilly Line Closure

In article ,
(Mait001) wrote:

But, is it not the case that at SOME STAGE all public transport will
have to be disability compliant, whatever the cost and practicality?

Not whatever the cost and practicality, surely? I know vehicles are
expected to conform once it becomes reasonable for non-compliant ones
to have been replaced, but stations etc?

Hey, you're the lawyer. I only got a law degree over 30 years ago. :-)

Colin, I am writing as a transport enthusiast and layman (not as a
criminal barrister!) but I thought that the legislation applied to all
buildings to which the public have access; if that is so it must include
railway and Underground stations etc.

My law Degree is almost 20 years old now! I got it at a time when jury
trial was sacrosanct, innocence till found guilty, no dentention without
trial, Cabinet government, no restrospective legislation .... How
old-fashioned all of this now seems!

Yes, all very alarming, I know.

However, all my information I've seen on the DPA has reasonable cost and
practicality get-outs as far as I know. There are an awful lot of listed
buildings in the way otherwise (nothing to do with the Tube).

--
Colin Rosenstiel