Old December 20th 04, 05:18 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Trains carried on ships -goods too!

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:17:09 +0000, Ian Jelf
wrote:

And it's exactly the same for coach drivers. (Not that they have much
influence over the mode of cross-channel transport chosen by a tour
operator, of course. But they do prefer the ferry; and so do I.)

As do I, if I'm travelling with a car. A break from driving (or being
a passenger in one of Charlie's favourite little boxes ) for some
fresh sea air and/or a relaxing cup of coffee. The new Seafrance ship
is especially good as the coffee bar has a view out of the front and
comfortable seating in the right place to enjoy it.

If I'm doing a long train journey I choose Eurostar for the speed and
convenience, mind.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
When replying please use neil at the above domain