Old August 7th 03, 04:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default New Met Line Trains

In article , Dave
writes
Ian Jelf writes
On a more positive note, I was with someone who was wheelchair
bound and the journey from Marylebone to Parliament Square was very
straightforward with the use of the ramps on the bus. In fact, we
reckon that they were having their first bus ride in nearly 30 years!

That's a shame, the first LFBs appeared in general service in London
about 10 years ago.

Yes but the person concerned doesn't live in London and has only made
sporadic visits there over the 30 years. On those visits, a taxi has
apparently been the norm; it was just my suggestion about "trying out"
the low floor bendibus which prompted the (well received) journeys
yesterday.
--
Ian Jelf, MITG, Birmingham, UK
Registered "Blue Badge" Tourist Guide for