Old December 20th 04, 10:43 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Terry Harper Terry Harper is offline

Default Trains carried on ships

"Mrs Redboots" wrote in message
Terry Harper wrote to uk.transport.london on Sun, 19 Dec 2004:

I've found it as quick to drive to Dover, take P&O and have breakfast or
lunch in Langan's Brasserie, and drive down the Autoroute towards Rouen

in
recent years, when visiting glass works in the valley of the Bresle.

The autoroute to Rouen is lovely, especially the "Aire de la Baie de
Somme", where we always stop, whether we need to or not! Imagine people
going to a service area in the UK if they didn't have to.....

But these days we always take the tunnel. Quite honestly, early
experiences on the Newhaven-Dieppe run have put me off ferries for life!

I've tried it once, but didn't like the breakfast:-(
--
Terry Harper, Web Co-ordinator, The Omnibus Society
75th Anniversary 2004, see http://www.omnibussoc.org/75th.htm