Old December 21st 04, 01:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Leigh Mallory Leigh Mallory is offline

Default Heathrow black cabs - never again!

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
.uk...
In message , at 19:38:35 on Sat,
18 Dec 2004, Mike Hughes remarked:
Taxis plying for hire at Heathrow have to first queue in a taxi feeder
park which can take as much as 3 hours before they get to the actual
terminal.

Why not simply drive back to Central London and carry on getting fares
there? Surely the cost of that "empty" journey can't exceed the profit
you'd make in 3 hours of work?

As an London Licensed Taxi Driver for 25 years you will find that the
majority of drivers choose to work at the airport & wait because they can
no longer stand stopping for Pewkers, ****ters, ****ers, verbal abusers,
drunks, druggies (bilkers,people that run off without paying the driver)etc&
yes I have actually had several people **** themselves in the back & one
bloke actually got indignant with me when I shouted at him,if you think I
acted wrongly kindly forward me your address so that the next time it
happens I can come round to where you live & you can clean it up.