Old December 21st 04, 05:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Leigh Mallory Leigh Mallory is offline

Default Heathrow black cabs - never again!

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
.uk...
In message , at 14:39:02 on Tue,
21 Dec 2004, Leigh Mallory remarked:
As an London Licensed Taxi Driver for 25 years you will find that the
majority of drivers choose to work at the airport & wait because they can
no longer stand stopping for Pewkers, ****ters, ****ers, verbal abusers,
drunks, druggies (bilkers,people that run off without paying the
driver)etc&
yes I have actually had several people **** themselves in the back & one
bloke actually got indignant with me when I shouted at him,if you think I
acted wrongly kindly forward me your address so that the next time it
happens I can come round to where you live & you can clean it up.

Does anyone warn new recruits about this?

----------------------------
That's a very good question Roland,the Public carriage office has no
orientation policy apart from a race & disablement awareness pamphlet which
new recruits are supposed to read,the head of the Public Carriage office Roy
Ellis appears to only have one issue on board & that is obeying & pleasing
his political master Ken Livingstone he is a despicable toady & does not
care a hoot for the drivers welfare,nothing could prepare you for the
scenario that I came up against 3 years ago when I found myself at 2.30 am
dropping off three big guys in a back street of Brixton one of them held a
knife to my throat while the other two pulled me out of the cab & robbed
me.not satisfied with that they began kicking me as result of which I lost
four teeth & suffered a broken jaw.I have not driven a cab since & now
survive on benefits & boot sales which ironically has been most liberating
for me I would never drive a London cab again as I now realise that for the
25 years that I did the job I suffered from anxiety & depression.