Old December 21st 04, 07:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Malcolm & Nika Malcolm & Nika is offline

Default Lowering tube floors to allow wheelchair access?

New Vic line trains will have smaller wheels....the disabled acces wasn't a
reason though....makes it bigger inside.

"Brimstone" wrote in message

"Michael Bell" wrote in message

Whem my little ones were 3 & 7 I took them to London, and we went
about on the tube. When we got back I overheard them talking about "the
pipe
trains".

It shows the other meanings of words that we adults don't see.

Amongst Undergroound staff the single track tube tunnels are known as "the
pipe".