Old December 22nd 04, 01:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Bus Etching Problem

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 20:33:36 GMT, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:

I think the only thing that would stop graffitti / etching /seat
slashing is the presence of enough staff to prevent such actions. This
is expensive.

Or a culture change. It has always struck me how little vandalism of
this type there is outside London compared with inside it. Scratched
windows are rare on MK Metro buses, and vandalism in general (apart
from graffiti on the back row seats) seems to be rare in the North
West.

Oddly, I've found Germany to be the other way around, with the north
being very prone to various vandalism, yet it being almost completely
absent in Bavaria.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
When replying please use neil at the above domain