Old August 7th 03, 08:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Phil Richards Phil Richards is offline

Default Wanna be cool? Take the tube!

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 08:27:46 +0100 Robin Mayes
said...

Perhaps people should be complaining more about getting air-conditioning for
buses, where the extra space could be found, rather than moaning about how
hot the tube is?

My complaint about most modern double deck buses is not so much lack of
air conditioning, but larger windows with very little ventilation.
Effectively they are greenhouses on wheels...

On the subject of the tube, the "In this hot weather" posters mention
that "long term solutions are being looked in to. I know the engineers
all seem to respond with the usual "Oh no, we can't possible do that"
statement as soon as the subject of air conditioning on the tube is
uttered, but perhaps LUL can up date us on what these "long term
solutions" exactly are.

--
Phil Richards
London, N4