Old August 7th 03, 08:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Dave is offline

Default Wanna be cool? Take the tube!

Phil Richards writes
On the subject of the tube, the "In this hot weather" posters mention
that "long term solutions are being looked in to. I know the engineers
all seem to respond with the usual "Oh no, we can't possible do that"
statement as soon as the subject of air conditioning on the tube is
uttered, but perhaps LUL can up date us on what these "long term
solutions" exactly are.

There were quiet a few stories regarding this in the press during the
last hot period we had this summer.

"London Mayor Ken Livingstone has offered a GBP100,000 reward for anyone
who can invent an air conditioning system for the Tube"
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/l...ONTRANSPORTHea
ttu11tubeairc

"Air conditioning will be fitted on Tube trains but not for another 10
years."
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...Evening%20Stan
dard

--