Old December 22nd 04, 02:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Terry Harper Terry Harper is offline

Default Bus Etching Problem

"Mrs Redboots" wrote in message
Helen Deborah Vecht wrote to uk.transport.london on Tue, 21 Dec 2004:

I think the only thing that would stop graffitti / etching /seat
slashing is the presence of enough staff to prevent such actions. This
is expensive.

I was on a bus this morning that had adopted a solution I sincerely hope
doesn't become widespread - it had some kind of net over the windows,
from the outside they looked red, but from inside it was mesh, and you
simply couldn't see out very well. After five minutes I felt so sick I
had to go and sit downstairs - at that stage, luckily, I was the only
person on the bus (137), so could find a seat where I could see out of
the front window. Please, please, don't let them do that on more
buses......

Sounds reminiscent of wartime.

I trust you'll pardon my correction.
That stuff is there for your protection.

as the Fougasse cartoon poster had it. Are they providing it as an
anti-blast measure on the quiet?
--
Terry Harper, Web Co-ordinator, The Omnibus Society
75th Anniversary 2004, see http://www.omnibussoc.org/75th.htm