Old December 22nd 04, 07:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
A H A H is offline

Default New Vauxhall bus station/'interchange'

Is it just me or does anyone else think this expensive new 'bus station'
doesn't live up the hype made during the planning stages?

I now find I have to walk from one end to the other when alighting from a 44
or 344 bus to reach the tube, quite a long way really (i.e. further than
from the old 'temporary' stop outside the hideous St George Wharf
development).

The old (now disused......but why?) ramp leading down to the tube station,
nearest the southern end of this new
ski-slope-with-a-mobile-home-parked-under-it development, remains closed
off. Bus users now have to walk miles from bus to tube or overground.....

Meanwhile, the 'interchange' between overground/underground/bus remains as
crap as ever (still exposed to the elements). What happened to the plan to
enclose the whole thing and provide escalators connecting the different
modes of transport? Even the new lifts tonight were 'out of order'.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, loads of staff were standing about upstairs
doing apparently nothing.......When I asked if this was the new, improved,
long promised transport interchange they shrugged their shoulders and one
said "I know, it's absolute crap. So much for progress".

What is the point in spending millions on something which has made foot
journeys between the different modes even longer than before? Is this 'major
new transport interchange' merely the latest manifestation of all that is
wrong with Blair's Blighty?

Okay rant over. I am just ****ed off with this joke new 'interchange'!

Andy