Old December 23rd 04, 05:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default New Vauxhall bus station/'interchange'

On 23 Dec 2004 16:25:43 GMT, (Mait001) wrote:

I think there are a couple of issues. One is a laudable desire to
provide some nicely designed "different" buildings

Why is this laudable

This is meant to be a convenient transpoprt interchange, not a Tracy Emin-style
work of art.

Simply because LT (as was) had a good record of commissioning high
quality architecture and design. I think there is nothing wrong in TfL
wishing to carry on that tradition.

This is fine
provided you don't spend huge sums achieving it

Yes, the fare-payers' and tax payers' money!

Not in every case. Developer contributions can also provide a source of
revenue or can deliver enhanced transport facilities.

As usual, all form and no substance - but in this case eventhe form is
doubtful!

I haven't seen the finished article so can't comment. I do think,
though, that a lot of people on this group would not be satisfied with a
perfect transport system. They would still moan.
--
Paul C