Old August 7th 03, 09:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Wanna be cool? Take the tube!

congokid wrote:
In article , Robin Mayes
writes
Interesting story in the media about temperatures on public
transport on Wednesday 'the hottest day (so far)'. It appears the
tube is actually cooler than mainline trains (except those lovely
C2C trains) or the top of a double-decker bus, which was hottest.

Perhaps people should be complaining more about getting
air-conditioning for buses, where the extra space could be found,
rather than moaning about how hot the tube is?

I'm sure when I was in Sydney some years ago the train doors stayed
open between stops to enhance ventilation.

Certainly true on my first visit in 1970. I seem to remember a photo in
Modern Railways earlier this year of the same thing in the south of France.
--
Richard J.