Old December 24th 04, 06:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Christian Hansen Christian Hansen is offline

Default New Vauxhall bus station/'interchange'

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 20:25:52 -0000, "A H" wrote:

Is it just me or does anyone else think this expensive new 'bus station'
doesn't live up the hype made during the planning stages?

I now find I have to walk from one end to the other when alighting from a 44
or 344 bus to reach the tube, quite a long way really (i.e. further than
from the old 'temporary' stop outside the hideous St George Wharf
development).

Worse than that. My gym is at Vauxhall and I live at the Elephant. I used to
have to wait in front of the St. George buildings where I had the choice of a
322 or a 344 at the same stop.

Now I have the choice of waiting at one stop in the interchange for the 322,
or waiting at another two stops further back on the other side of the
interchange for a 344. I could wait in betwen the two, I suppose, and run for
whichever gets there first.

It's typical of transit planners here that they do not take such things into
consideration when designing infrastructure.

As for beauty, or design, well, I'd trade that for an ordinary interchange
that worked and was convenient.

--
Chris Hansen | chrishansenhome at btinternet dot com