Old December 27th 04, 01:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joe Joe is offline

Default Bus Etching Problem

Southern have done that with their refurbished 455s (obviously,
combined with replacement of the ruined windows!) Some Thameslink 319s
also seem to have it applied in random fashion - but for some reason
Thameslink suffers less than the others from vandalism in general.

c2c have it on the 357s - though now, a "promise" has been made that a
train will not be out in service with severe graffiti or etching -
unless it would mean a cancellation, delay or significant crowding.
I think the vandalism on Thameslink is hate vandalism rather than
vandalism for the sake of it. I was on 3 319s the other week, one had "I
hate Thameslink" on it, one had "Thameslink is sh*t," the other had
"Crap train" on it!
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For railway information, news and photos see http://www.railwaysonline.co.uk