Old December 31st 04, 02:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tony Bryer Tony Bryer is offline

Default '0207 008 0000'

In article , John Shelley
wrote:
What you can say is all esubscribers numbers on an specific
exchange number are within a specified area (excluding out of area
lines of course). The size of the area will vary and the area may
well cover some, or all, of the area covered by another exchange.

This came up in uk.telecom a good while back and someone pointed me
to a site that no longer exists (or I'd quote the URL) which at the
time told me that my home and business numbers, 020 8744 2xxx, are
from Garfield Road, Twickenham. Other 020 8744 numbers go to
Whitton, Hayes and Southall exchanges - the last two are nowhere
near Twickenham. If the site was right 020 8744 50-55 (600 numbers)
go to Whitton, 020 8744 56-59 (just 400 numbers) go to Hayes. Odd?

--
Tony Bryer