Old January 1st 05, 09:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Troy Steadman Troy Steadman is offline

Default Cambrige - London traffic up 75%

"Michael Bell" wrote in message

It was announced on today's BBC(East) TV news that train traffic from
Cambridge to London) is up 75% in ten years (or at least we were allowed to
ASSUME it was train and not road, and NOT London to Cambridge. Some questions

Doesn't surprise me, isn't this linked to the house price boom and
simply comes down to one inescapable fact: the population is increasing
in our towns hand over fist?

It is not a bad thing (luckily - because it cannot be controlled) but
you can feel it around here (SW London), neighbourhood shopping centres
which have been in decline for years are suddenly reopening as twee
resaurants or ethnic shops, streets where no cars ever parked are now
jammed with cars nose to tail their entire length.

Perhaps the "Cambridge effect" is people cashing in on the doubling and
redoubling of their properties in London over the last ten years.