Old January 2nd 05, 12:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Plumb Dave Plumb is offline

Default Oyster virgin - be gentle

Has anyone gotten round to sewing their Oystercard into their coat
sleeve? You could keep the photo card seperate just in case and as
long as you don't need to pass the card through a ticket window you
should be ok - surely?

I've seen women with it in the bottom of their handbags, they just plonk the
whole handbag on the reader pad, or more often have to tip everything out
holding everyone else up when it doens't work

I found the other night I can't keep my Oyster in the same wallet as my
works ID (which also has an embedded chip to get me in and out of
buildings) - the Oyster pad reads the works ID and ignores the Oyster. It
flashes up a code 70 (read error - re-present card). Putting it on a ticket
machine shows "Your smartcard is not initialised for Prestige". The system
at work ignores the Oyster card totally.

Oh well, it's progress I guess, but not as we know it I'm sure a silver
foil pad would make the wallet work one way for Oyster, the other way for
work ID ...

Cheers,
Dave