Old January 2nd 05, 03:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Sunil Sood Sunil Sood is offline

Default '0207 008 0000'

"Stuart" wrote in message
However, I gather most of the extra space has simply been mothballed in
the past and is actually gradually coming back into use - now that
developments like xDSL and LLU mean that more space is needed in
exchanges and the distance from an exchange to the end user becomes an
issue (before it wasn't really a factor) - its also less likely that
exchanges will be totally closed in future because of this - though I
believe there are still have plans to close a couple of exchanges in
Central London.

Aren't they renting out space to the other telecoms suppliers for their
local loop equipment?

Yes, thats the "LLU" or Local Loop Unbunding to give its full name, that I
refer to above.

Regards
Sunil