Old August 8th 03, 09:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Charlie Whitaker Charlie Whitaker is offline

Default Driver in Trouble over Stone Throwers

In article ,
"Joe Patrick" wrote:

I have heard by another enthusiast who was talking to me at Upminster today
that there is a Driver from Connex who is in trouble for throwing his tea
over stone throwers at an unstaffed station. Does anyone know any more? Soon
we will have stone throwers everywhere looking for a claim whilst security
guards deal with photographers.

If anyone finds out who the driver was - let me know. I'd gladly either
a) buy him a drink or b) go to the disciplinary hearing to speak up on
his behalf. Or maybe both.

Strangely enough, I was once hit in the head (1 cm above the left eye)
by a stone thrown at a train I was travelling on (the stone was a
palm-sized flint that smashed a window on its way to meet with my
forehead). Being hit by a rock was a surprisingly ****ty experience, but
then again, I suppose unexpected and uninvited violence often is. Now,
as then, I don't care tuppence if the perpetrators are minors. If kids
want to grow up early - let them - and let them deal with the
consequences also.

Regards,

Charlie