Old January 3rd 05, 07:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Coleman Clive Coleman is offline

Default '0207 008 0000'

In message , Clive D. W. Feather
writes
NP also applies to mobiles, but the mechanisms aren't necessarily the
same.

Years ago the base band from your phone was multiplexed in a group using
FDM. Then these were multiplexed into larger groupings called
supergroups. Is the system still the same? If so how does it get
converted to the TDM of mobiles? Another question, having ADSL coming
down the same line as my normal telephone, I gather it would need to be
on a carrier of some sort or other, DSB,VSB,SSB with or without the
possibility of suppressed carrier etc. anyone out there able to give me
a clue? And what would the frequencies of the carrier be?
--
Clive.