Old January 3rd 05, 09:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london,cam.transport
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default Cambrige - London traffic up 75%

In article , Roland
Perry writes
Currently the ECML is a high speed line with the KX-Hitchin part taking
approx 21 minutes (that's in an IC225, I'm not sure the WAGNs could
keep up with that, it's an average of 90mph).

This leaves 25 miles on the Cambridge branch. To meet a 45 minute
schedule that requires an average speed of just over 60mph, which is
what they just about manage to achieve on today's track.

The bit of the working timetable for Cruisers that I've been able to
find gives:

KX depart XX15
Finsbury Park pass XX18.5
Alexandra Palace pass XX20 0.5 pathing allowance
Potters Bar pass XX25.5
WGC pass XX30
Woolmer Green pass XX32
Stevenage pass XX34
Hitchin pass XX37
Letchworth pass XX40
Royston pass XX47 2 engineering allowance

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: