Old January 5th 05, 09:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default 24% LU fare rise

That's what I was greeted with this morning.

I travel in, but not every day, from Chorleywood - Tube station, tube
fares, Zone B.

Last year, I had a choice of three tickets to Zone 1 before 9.30.

Return - £8.80
LT Card - £10
Day TravelCard - £11.something

The only difference between LT and TravelCard is that the TravelCard allows
use of suburban trains within the zones. Pretty pointless 95% of the time.
This meant that the obvious choice, assuming you were likely to use the
tube beyond a simple return, was an LT card.

Guess what? It's been dropped.

That means that I now have a straight choice between a Return (now £9.20)
and a TravelCard - now £12.40

So - instead of paying a tenner, I'm now paying £12.40. I call that a 24%
increase.

Except I'll be buying a return in the future. Nice one, LU. You've managed
to decrease your revenue...