Old January 5th 05, 02:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Peake Steve Peake is offline

Default Do we need cross-river trams? (Long appendix)

On 5 Jan 2005 14:15:34 GMT, Huge wrote:

"Paul Weaver" writes:

[53 lines snipped]

CASCADING the belts, the key feature of my proposal.

£10 says it doesnt.
When I was a kid I had dreams of cascading belts whisking people along
shopping streets, but then I realised that in todays PC compensation culture
where even routemasters can't exist, there is no chance.

Ever read Heinlein's "The Roads Must Roll"?

http://technovelgy.com/ct/content.asp?Bnum=306

Didn't the belts kill hundreds in that book? Terrorists stoping belts dead
etc

How about the French high speed travelator

Though someone who nipped in to see it a little while back said it was
closed as people kept falling on their ass (by not bothering to read the
instructions)

Steve