Old January 5th 05, 08:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
redtube redtube is offline

Default Jetpod - Woking to London in 4 minutes

"John Rowland" wrote in message

Enjoy!
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/11/08/flying_taxi/

Surely the concept of the average 'joe' ever flying about in a jetpod or
whatever flying car is totally out of the question. How can u possibly have
such a scenario as this. Could one imagine the accidents in the air? Its bad
enough now on the ground but up there who's gonna marshall the traffic? Or
are we to expect joe bloggs will keep to the air lanes? Somehow I doubt it,
knowing human nature. Plus when the damn thing hits another jetpod coming in
the other direction or side on for that matter 'cos some dimwit wants to
call in at Auntie Ada's for a coffee and didn't realise he was crossing a
westbound airlane, then the houses, people and general day to day ground
moverments are gonna suffer one hell of a catasrophe. Property Insurance
companies will simply disappear overnight. Indeed all Insurance is outta da
window - bigtime. No its totally bizarre and not in our lifetime. I just
cant see it.
Redtube