Old January 6th 05, 07:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tony Wilson Tony Wilson is offline

Default Advantages of an Annual Travelcard??

Hi folks - quick question.

I will be getting an annual zones 1-3 on my Oyster very shortly - what
are the advantages of having an annual season ticket other than the
reduced cost? Does it entitle you to any discounts etc?
If so, should I go the paper ticket route so that I can "prove" that I
have an annual ticket (given that you can't tell from just looking what
period an Oystercard is for? :-) )

Any advice appreciated

Many thanks

See

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tick...r-period.shtml
for the benefits of an annual travelcard. If you get one on Oyster you

will
still be given a paper Gold Card as well to get the discounts at National
Rail stations.

Peter Smyth

You've timed it badly as the fares go up in January!

Anyway, one word of caution- last year I bought mine online, which was fine
in terms of the Oyster itself but it took several weeks for the accompanying
paper Gold Card to come in the post. So I'd buy it in person at a tube
station as they'll give it to you there and then so you can get the rail
discounts.