Old January 6th 05, 08:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dan Gravell Dan Gravell is offline

Default Advantages of an Annual Travelcard??

wrote:
Hi folks - quick question.

I will be getting an annual zones 1-3 on my Oyster very shortly - what
are the advantages of having an annual season ticket other than the
reduced cost? Does it entitle you to any discounts etc?
If so, should I go the paper ticket route so that I can "prove" that I
have an annual ticket (given that you can't tell from just looking what
period an Oystercard is for? :-) )

Any advice appreciated

Many thanks

I have exactly the same as you, and I did indeed receive a gold record
card (although contrary to the other poster, I recall this came with the
Oyster card... maybe I'm mistaken).

I've never actually used the NR discount because beforehand I had a YP
railcard. Now that has run out and I am 26, I'd like to use the NR
discounts. Does anyone know the extent of the network that the NR
discount covers? It mentions Virgin Trains and Midland Mainline, but
does it cover journeys as far north as Nuneaton or Leicester?

Dan