Old January 6th 05, 11:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
David Walters David Walters is offline

Default Oyster virgin - be gentle

On 05 Jan 2005 20:09:39 GMT, Iain wrote:
This is what really prompted me to reply to this thread. My workplace
also uses an embedded-chip smartcard to get through doors and it works
in a very similar way to Oyster -- simply wave the card within a couple
of centimetres of the reader and the door opens. I was wondering if any
problems would be caused if I also put the Oyster into the holder for my
works ID ... and it looks like it would. Oh well, so much for that idea.

It depends on the system in use at your work. I have two contactless
cards from work for different buildings, one interferes with Oyster,
one doesn't. You might as well experiment, Oyster seems robust
enough that the worst you will get is a seek assistance.

David