Old January 7th 05, 07:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
CharlesPottins CharlesPottins is offline

Default TfL Strange Journeys

TfL's Journey Planner can be very useful but it can also come up with strange
results. I think I've now solved the frustrating problem of repeatedly being
told there's an "internal error" and my session has "expired" - the trick is
not to click on the one journey time details, but take the batch at the end,
even if you remove some ticks.
(sounds like an insect control procedure).
But strange results can still occur. I tried to check a route from my road to
the British Library's Colindale site. Having first ascertained which part of my
road I was coming from (not that it makes much difference), the Tfl came up
with a journey to "Graham Park library, Colindale". Not sure this is what I
want, I thought I'd check the journey end map to see what it showed. Click on
end map
Up came a map showing me a walking route from the British Dental Association
museum at Marylebone to Kings Cross station, Thameslink.
Is this an application of "Post-Modenism" to software programming?
Well, I suppose it's interesting. I did not even realise there was a dental
museum. Do they keep famous people's teeth? I suppose it could be more
interesting than looking at a load of boring old newspapers at Colindale, if
your imagination's so inclined.
Have other list members had similarly strange TfL experiences?