Old January 7th 05, 11:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] me@pste.co.uk is offline

Default TfL Strange Journeys

I agree that the Journey planner is a bit wierd - pick an end
destination that is very specific and it can give you very strange
routes.

For example, I work in Victoria and wanted to go to a friend's after
work who lives just off the main road past Hackney Town Hall (he
actually lives right on the 277 bus route). If I key in his road as a
destination, rather than "Hackney Town Hall", Journey Planner gives me
a route with the Victoria Line to Highbury (!) and then a loooong
journey on the 277.

Now, some people may know that the 38 bus goes from Victoria station
straight to Hackney Town Hall - does this come up as a possible route
with "38 bus and then a 5 minute walk"? Nope :-\ Journey planner is
worse than useless IMHO...