Old August 9th 03, 12:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default UK subway systems

"Martin Underwood" wrote in message
s.com...

Also, here in the UK we tend to use the word "subway"
to describe a pedestrian underpass beneath a road,
rather than an underground railway system.

No: in Glasgow the underground railway is referred to by most people as "The
Subway". In London "subway" can only mean a pedestrian underpass. There are
similar differences in terminology between different US cities.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped