Old January 7th 05, 02:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jason Jason is offline

Default Advantages of an Annual Travelcard??

On 5 Jan 2005 07:59:46 -0800, " wrote:

I will be getting an annual zones 1-3 on my Oyster very shortly - what
are the advantages of having an annual season ticket other than the
reduced cost? Does it entitle you to any discounts etc?
If so, should I go the paper ticket route so that I can "prove" that I
have an annual ticket (given that you can't tell from just looking what
period an Oystercard is for? :-) )

If you're near a National Rail station, or use National Rail for some
of your journey, I'd opt for a paper NR ticket, unless the Oyster
'touch-in/out' convenience is very important to you.

Most operators give discounts when they fail to meet performance
levels - I've had 5% my monthly 'Period Travelcard' every month for a
long time. This is enough to keep me buying from a NR station.

--
Cheers,

Jason.